Visual Land now provides eBooks powered by animation.
LAN: The first half is for beginners. Th second half are advacned topics that intersect Layer 2 and Layre 3.
- What is flooding? How to visualize flooding in a LAN?
- What is unicasting? Why do we need unicassting in LAN?
- What is broadcasting? Can you show me an application that uses broadcasting in LAN?
- What is multicasting? How is it related to IP multicasting address 224.*.*.*?
- How to convert a IP multicasst address into a multicast MAC?
- Why a packet keeps chaning its MAC addess, not IP address, when it is being sent across LANs?
- What is CSMA/CD? Can you help me "see" its effect?
Routing eBook. It covers questions and topics that serve people who have no background in Internet protocols. It uses 11 aniamtions to cover the following topics:
- What does Internet do?
- How does Internet use routers to trasnfer messages?
- What is IP address?
- What is networking address?
- What is routing table, next hop?
- How does router use network address to forward messages? Why do we need network addresses?
- What is static route?
- What is default route? What is host routing? Why do we need it?
- What are the differences between static routing and dynamic routing?